Cocoadile Tears is the first episode of Viva Piñata's first season. It originally aired in North America on August 26, 2006.
Franklin fizzlybear, Fergy fudgehog, Les Galagoogoo and Paulie are visiting Tina and teddington twingersnap's very ugly Garden. The ground is dusty and dry, and all the plants and flowers are dying. Hearing the sound of Chortles working in his garden next door, the gang peers over the fence. They see a beautiful garden full of vibrant flowers, and lush green grass. Tina and Teddington warn their friends that Chortles is a terrible comedian, yet they decide to visit Chortles anyway for tips, since everything has failed for Tina and Teddington so far. After suffering through Chortles' awful stand-up comedy, they finally learn his secret: Cocoadile tears. Excitedly, they depart, and invite Cecil cocadile over to the Twingersnaps' house to try to collect some tears.
The gang tries tactic after tactic, and ploy after ploy to get Cecil to cry, but nothing works! Cecil finally flees in fear after they try to force him to cry. Disappointed, everyone heads outside into the garden, and overhear Cecil and Chortles, next door. Chortles is telling his dreadful jokes and Cecil is laughing so hard, that his tears are watering the garden!
- It's the cocoadile tears that do all the work. A couple of tears from a cocoadile on those flowers and BAM you got instant Eden baby!
- Chortles: Roses are red, violets are blue. Some poems rhyme, but not this one.
- Paulie: I think we could all use some horticultural How-To's.
- Franklin: and some gardening tips!
- Franklin: Uh guys... Put the cocoadile down... Back away from the cocoadile.
- Fergy: It makes me want to cry!
- Franklin Fizzlybear (debut)
- Fergy Fudgehog (debut)
- Paulie Pretztail (debut)
- Les Galagoogoo (debut)
- Chortles Chippopotamus (debut)
- Cecil Cocoadile (debut)
- Many of Chortles' jokes are actually lifted from other comedians. Example: The smashing of the giant candy is a reference to Gallagher's watermelon-smashing routine and the "arrow-going-through-head" headband was a regular gag with Steve Martin.
- Chortles' house is slightly remodeled from its video game counterpart.
- It would seem that the Twingersnaps have a bit of a slight head swapping problem, as in one scene, their voices switch over. Later on in the episode, when the phone rings, we see Teddington pick up the phone, and in the very next scene, its Tina that is holding the phone.
- When Fergy drops the anvil on Cecil's tail, Cecil's candy doesn't spill out.
- Pinata Island's text is written in some kind of inscription, but the checklist Fergy is holding is written in standard English.
Retrieved from "http://www.vivapinatawiki.com/viva/Cocoadile_Tears"