The Menu, which can be brought up from the garden with the 'X' button (), provides you with access to everything a gardener starting out in the Viva Piñata Universe would require.
- Shovel lets you access the shovel. This can also be done by pressing up on the directional pad.
- Label Designer is used to create your own labels for your Piñatas.
- Surface Packets are accessible here, as well as by pressing right on the d-pad.
- The Village can be accessed here. This is where you'll find the shops necessary to turn your garden into a paradise for piñata and fulfill those pesky romance dance requirements.
- The Journal, which provides access to information and statistics, can be accessed here.
- The Post Office allows you to pack piñata into a crate and ship them to your friends.
- The Watering Can, which can be accessed from the left d-pad button, can be grabbed from here, too.
- Once you've opened up the Tower of Sour, you can view your totems and toggle them on or off.
- Contextual Menus are provided occasionally, such as on Helpers. These options allow you to send the Helper home or fire them.