A Taffly is a blue fly piñata. It is able to produce fertilizer by directing it to eat fruit. In Viva Piñata and Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise the fruit a Taffly swallows will transform into fertilizer which can then be picked up and used to fertilize a plant. In Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise, where it is impossible to buy fertilizer from Costolot's Store, feeding a Taffly fruit will cause it to fart out fertilizer, which can be picked up to store for use later, and the fertilizer can then be used to fertilize plants.
Easily attracted by the meagrest of bouquets, a Taffly has many uses: mobile fruity fertilizer factory, raw material for a Hot species, bait for Arocknids and Lickatoads... nobody said insect life was easy. The Taffly may seem a little bit lazy, but to put it to work for you only have to give it a piece of any fruit. Oh no! It seems your Taffly has caught on fire from the nearby Firebrand! Wait a minute... That Blaze-of-a-pinata is not a Taffly!
- Have any kind of flower in the garden
- Have any 2 flowers in the garden.
- Has eaten 1 flower of any kind
- Feeding it a poison ivy flowerhead changes its color to green.
- Feeding it a buttercup seed changes its color to yellow.
- Feeding it a blackberry seed changes its color to purple.
- Eating a Taffly helps meet the Lickatoad Resident requirements.
- Having 4 Tafflies (or 4 Raisants) in the garden helps meet the Arocknid Visit requirements.
- Eating 2 Tafflies (or 2 Raisants) helps meet the Arocknid Resident requirements.
- Tafflies keep coming back, but they're only worth 300. However, by directing it to a Firebrand and watering it before it gets sick, you can make a Reddhott, which can be sold for 2100!
- Directing a Taffly to a piece of fruit will produce single-dose fertilizer of the appropriate color(and unlock an achievement).
- Despite being lower on the Food chain than the Lickatoad, the Taffly will still enter the garden if Lickatoads are present.
- If you want to mass breed them and then turn them all into Reddhotts, be careful, as Arocknids will come with your many tafflies and then fight the Reddhotts!
- The Taffly has a hard to see yellow dotted line pattern on its wings.
|Viva Piñata Classic Species|
Arocknid · Badgesicle · Barkbark · Bonboon · Bunnycomb · Buzzenge · Buzzlegum · Candary · Chewnicorn · Chippopotamus · Cinnamonkey · Cluckles · Cocoadile · Crowla · Doenut · Dragonache · Dragumfly · Eaglair · Elephanilla · Fizzlybear · Fourheads · Fudgehog · Galagoogoo · Goobaa · Horstachio · Jameleon · Juicygoose · Kittyfloss · Lackatoad · Lickatoad · Macaracoon · Mallowolf · Moozipan · Mothdrop · Mousemallow · Newtgat · Parrybo · Pigxie · Ponocky · Pretztail · Profitamole · Pudgeon · Quackberry · Raisant · Rashberry · Reddhott · Roario · Salamango · Shellybean · Sherbat · Sparrowmint · Squazzil · Swanana · Sweetooth · Syrupent · Taffly · Twingersnap · Whirlm · White Flutterscotch · Zumbug